Filing a National Industrial Design
Filing the application
Once you verify that your design or model meets all the prerequisites for protection and provided that you have checked availability among the filed industrial designs, you may submit an application for filing in Cyprus.
Initially, you must prepare the stylisation of your design or model based among others, to the following specifications:
- be rendered with graphic or photographic representation of good quality;
- be suitable for reproduction;
- be submitted on white background (photographic representations);
- their size should not exceed 6X6 centimetres;
- the appearance of the product must be numbered and described (e.g. front view);
- determine the image (e.g. “front view of image” etc.)
For more information, please refer to convergence on graphic representations of designs or models - common communication of 15 April 2016 Filing the application.
- stylisation of each design or model applied for;
- the completed form of appointment or change of authorised person for services (form ΒΣΥ5) if the applicant has no residence or registered office in Cyprus;
- the fee of eightyfive euros and forty-three cent (€85,43) and the fee for the first five-year protection period which amounts to fifty-one euro and twenty-six cent (€51,26); and
- the publication fee of sixty-eight euros and thirty-four cent (€68,34), in case where the publication is requested in point 8 of the said form; or
- the fee of forty-two euros and seventy-two cent (€42,72) in case of a postponement of the publication.
It is noted that the fees are payable in cash, by cheque, via an account maintained with the Department of Registrar of Companies and Intellectual Property or via bank transfer.
You are advised to refer to the main criteria of review and the most common reasons for rejection so as to acquire a better understanding of what is required and to facilitate the process.