Obtaining Certified Copies of a Patent
You may request the issue of a certified copy of the following, provided that the patent has been granted/ its translation has been validated and published in the official gazette:
- Part of or the whole patent application;
- Excerpt from the Register;
- Documents filed in the Register in relation to a patent or a patent application;
- Certificate of grant of an international patent;
- Certificate of deposit of international patent translation;
- Certificate of grant of preliminary claims;
- Supplementary protection certificate for pharmaceutical and plant protection products;
- Certificate of renewal; and
- Certificate of assignment.
It is noted that a certified copy of the certificate of renewal is issued only to the agent and the owner of the patent.
It is provided that a certified copy of a certificate shall reflect the state of the Patents register on the basis of information submitted to the Register at the issue date of the certificate.
At the same time, you may obtain a confirmation as to the image of a granted patent at a given moment.
Filing a request for issue of certified copies
You may submit your request for obtaining certified copies/ certificates by hand/post, by submitting the application for issue of certified copies or excerpt from the register or copies of documents (form Π.1) and paying (either in cash or by cheque, via an account maintained with the Department of Registrar of Companies or via bank transfer) the fee of twenty euros (€20) for every certified copy and the fee of five euro (€5) for every copy.
You are advised to refer to the main criteria of review so as to acquire a better understanding what is required and to facilitate the process further.
Obtaining certified copies
Certified copies/ certificates may be picked from a mail box of the Department of the Registrar of Companies or it can be received by post.