Assigning the right of use of an industrial design or model
The right of use of an industrial design or model may be granted only in one of the following ways:
- • by the beneficiary upon an agreement between the two parties;
- • by court judgment; or
- • to the public by decision of the council of ministers.
The said right of use of an industrial design or model can be assigned either for a certain time period or indefinitely. The assignee or the assignor must file with the Intellectual and Industrial Property Section.
Filing an assignment of the right of use
- the agreement by which the right of use was assigned (in case of assignment by the beneficiary);
- the documents for legalisation of parties (in case of assignment by the beneficiary) such as, for example:
- declaration of residence by the administrator of property and true copy of the order; or
- declaration of residence by the executor of will and true copy of the will-validation document; or
- certificate of heirs.
It is noted, that no fees are imposed for the filing of the form.
You are advised to refer to the main criteria of review so as to acquire a better understanding of what is required and to facilitate the process further.
Provided that the Intellectual and Industrial Property Section is satisfied that all, relevant legal requirements have been met, it will proceed to the filing of the assignment of the right of use, the publication, the issue of the Certificate of Assignment and the updating of the industrial designs and models register.
In the event you wish the issue of certified copies, you may submit a request for obtaining certified copies of industrial designs or models.