Renewing an Industrial Design
The filing of an industrial design or model is initially made for a period of five (5) years, which can be renewed for four (4) additional protection periods of five (5) years each, for a maximum protection period of twenty-five (25) years from the filing date.
The beneficiary must proceed to the renewal of an industrial design or model within three (3) months before and six (6) months after, the expiry of the previous protection period. Otherwise, the Intellectual and Industrial Property Department publishes the striking off of the design or model in the government’s gazette.
- by credit card (for efiling submission);
- in cash, by cheque, via an account maintained with the Department of the Registrar of Companies or via bank transfer (for submissions by hand/ post).
Filing a renewal
You may submit the application for renewal of the protection duration (form ΒΣΥ4) by hand/post, accompanied by the corresponding fee, on the via an account maintained with the Department of Registrar of Companies or via bank transfer:
- second five-year protection fee 85,43 euros
- third five-year protection fee 136,69 euros
- fourth five-year protection fee 170,86 euros
- fifth five-year protection fee 256,29 euros
You are advised to refer to the main criteria of review so as to acquire a better understanding of what is required and to facilitate the process further.
Provided that the Intellectual and Industrial Property Section is satisfied that all, , relevant legal requirements have been met, it will proceed with the filing of the renewal, the issue of the certificate of renewal and the updating of the industrial designs and models register.
In the event you wish the issue of certified copies, you may submit a request for obtaining certified copies of industrial designs or models.