Television and radio broadcasts concern the material fixation of a program, which can be either wire or wireless, such as, for example, cable or satellite transmission.
The transmission of cable programs is made on the basis of individual or collective agreements between, on the one part, the program creators and the beneficiaries of neighbouring rights and, on the other part, the cable network exploitation enterprises.
Copyright over a program comprises of the exclusive right to:
- register or reproduce and retransmit the whole or substantial part of the program;
- transmit or retransmit it to the public in an area where entry is permitted only upon ticket payment;
- the material fixation of the program;
- the rental and lending of material fixations of the program;
- the distribution of material fixations of the program;
- the taking of photographs from the program.