Tips & Notes
Main criteria of review of an application for a supplementary protection certificate for medicinal / plant protection products
The main criteria of review of the form Π.19 and Π.20 are:
- the first product licence of the product has been secured in the Cyprus market or in the European Union market;
- certified translation of the license has been attached;
- The application for SPPF was submitted within six (6) months from the granted date either the of the first product licence or the patent, which is the latter;
- a valid power of attorney authorization (form Π.8) that covers this procedure;
- the certificate has not been issued for the relevant product.
Most common reasons for rejection:
- the application is overdue;
- the relevant product has not been the subject of a certificate.
For further information regarding the relevant procedure, you may refer to the page Granting Supplementary Protection Certificate for Medicinal/Plant Protection Products.